Wednesday, August 8, 2012

(SasteraLaparEnglish) : I Love Cooking

Old Note



I love cooking! Every spent times, I always try to cook but it only occurred when I come back to my hometown. I am so lazy if I cook in my boarding house, because as you know, I don’t want to bother others with my cooking, though only its scents. I learnt cooking by seeing the way my mum cooks, nothing else. Then I tried what I’m interested in. Occassionally, I helped my mum to cook and I learnt a lot from it. Home’s kitchen has become my cooking laboratory, I sometimes buy several condiments such as curry powder, black pepper powder, even I recognized such spices only from its aroma as cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, lemongrass, ginger, galangal, curcuma, and many more. It’s just for experience.


I love Indian food, Middle Eastern, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean and surely almost all Indonesian foods. Sometime I create my recipes based on Indian style, since I love something hot and spicy. When I am cooking, accidents always happened, such as too well-done till it couldn’t be eaten, not so salty, not too spicy, and so on. But those errors are my wisdoms to cook better.

Sometimes I also give my cooking into my office, they said it’s delicious and asking more. And tell me that my –future- wife will be satisfied because I can cook for her, but I said, “No way, I love to have a cooking master wife, because every week-end we will make cooking competition”.  It is the most important thing to make me fall in love…my lover must be able to cook and creative in the kitchen! Hehehehe, not promotion.

This afternoon I cooked again, there are so various recipes I had made before and you can see it in “recipes” part of my site. I cooked a sautéed mushroom, mixed with sausages and meatballs. While my mum made fried chicken fillet with sweet sour sauce, mixed with apples and carrots. It was so delicious and it took only an hour. Cooking is so passionate, it is not just for female. Cooking is only for women? that’s an out of date! Because as you know, many cooks in five starred restaurants are mostly male. They are more detail than women particularly when preparing a menu. There are rarely female chef. But, though I love cooking, it doesn’t mean I want to be chef, hehehehee….but I wish I had my own café someday if I had much money.

I wish…

Sastera Lapar

28052005

Rewritten

No comments:

Post a Comment